Typically, the worst part of summer vacation is that it ends. So, here are a few summer ideas that might work in autumn, winter, and spring.
1) Let life happen. Make plans and work hard, but enjoy the passage of time.
2) Rest. A key about summer is that it seems to give us permission to relax, but God already gave us not just permission, but a command to rest. After all, he did!
3) Notice things. Each season has its own sights and sounds and smells that are the stuff of life. Make time to take it all in.
4) Enjoy loved ones. Family reunions, cookouts, ballgames, and vacations don’t have to end with the summer. Whatever it is, it should be shared with the people we love.
5) Worship. God made all of these seasons for his glory and to enrich our lives with their beauty and the lessons they can teach about living more faithfully in the process of life, death, and resurrection.
And right now it’s summer; so fire up the grill, pour the lemonade, and PLAY BALL!